Slip & fall accidents can cause severe and debilitating injuries. If you were injured in such an accident in Huntington Beach, you could have a valid premise liability lawsuit. Premise owners are expected to keep the property safe for visitors. For instance, if you tripped on the wet floor of a retail shop and got injured, you could seek compensation, especially when there were no marks or warning signs. You should take a few steps to protect your rights and must consult a slip and fall lawyer Huntington Beach. For your help, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Get medical help immediately, if needed. In such circumstances, it is always wise to err on the side of caution. If your injuries seem severe or when you are in extreme pain, call 911 immediately. In case the pain is manageable, you should still consult an injury doctor later.
- Check the possible cause. If you are capable and can do so physically, figure out what caused you to trip and fall. Was repair work in progress? If yes, was the area marked? Did you trip on loose electric wires? This can help you understand your case better.
- Report the accident. People often feel embarrassed about slip and fall accidents and fail to report the same. This could be a serious mistake. Ensure that you inform the manager of the incident in writing or through their complaint file. Keep a copy of the document.
- Note down details of key witnesses. Were there witnesses to the scene? If yes, take down their contact details. Your lawyer can talk to them later and gather statements that will bolster your case.
- Take photos. If you can spot the hazard that triggered the fall, take photos of that. You need to document the accident scene in detail, and for that, it is best to take pictures and videos right after the accident.
- Call an attorney. You have to consult a personal injury lawyer immediately after the slip and fall accident. Most injury attorneys in Huntington Beach would be happy to offer a free review of your case and can share more about the claim’s worth.
Finally, don’t forget to write down the details of the accident on a piece of paper. You may miss key details later, and your notes can help your attorney work on the legal strategy. You have limited time to take action – lawyer up now!